- Published in Projects
INNOVADE LI in collaboration with Ministry of Education and Culture from Cyprus and partners from Greece, Portugal, Ireland, and Romania have been awarded the project ‘’An innovative toolkit for inclusive decision making policies’’ (iDecide), under the ERASMUS+ KA3 Support for Policy Reform programme of the European Commission.
The project iDecide aims to develop an innovative toolkit and induction course to support evidence-based policy making that can lead to the reduction of disparities in learning outcomes and marginalization, by supporting school leaders, school staff, and policymakers to engage in shared and inclusive decision making. By implementing the toolkit and collecting rich data, we aim to understand the complexities of how decisions at school level influence marginalized groups and develop concrete recommendations for policy and practice on how to engage in shared decision making, giving voice to all stakeholders.
The innovation of this project lies on 3 pillars:
- Shared Decision Making. Giving voice to students, teachers and parents to decide on policies and decisions taking place at the school level with aim to reduce disparities in learning outcomes. Shared decision-making concerns only one aspect of the toolkit. The project also aims at empowering school leaders in order to make informed (evidence based) decisions to promote inclusion at school level.
- Web Apps and online tools. The use of mobile technologies and web tools to empower active participation of students and teachers in decision making and at the same time to collect rich evidence on the pilot implementation. At the same time, innovative tools will be used to give voice to all students and teachers on policies and practices that impact them every day.
- Interdisciplinary & Transnational. The interdisciplinary, whole-school approach that demonstrates cross-policy integration in tackling disparities in learning outcomes with comparisons in 5 countries.
INNOVADE LI will work closely with six European partner-organizations from Cyprus, Portugal, Ireland, Greece and Romania. Till the end of June, the consortium will prepare the Transnational State of the art for inclusive decision making. Meanwhile, the 1st project meeting took place in Nicosia, in February. We set the deadlines and activities for the next 4 months. The subsequent meetings were also planned. The next meeting will take place in Athens, in October 2016.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This website and all its contents reflect the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. [Project number: 562184-EPP- 1-2015- 1-CY- EPPKA3-PI- FORWARD]
- Funding Agency:
- Erasmus+, KA2 Strategic Partnerships
- InTraRed Project Newsletter and Press Release
- Online social entrepreneurship to foster inclusion of young people living with a disability or a long-term health condition
- GAME-CHANGER - Building Entrepreneurial Competences Through Challenge-Based Learning
- Detective Stories to Engage Students in Close Reading with the Use of Mobile Devices
- Silver Service project starts off in Ireland to facilitate volunteering of senior citizens